[0.8.8] Game Crashes when advanced circuitenter requester

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
fragmeplase
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.8.8] Game Crashes when advanced circuitenter requester

Post by fragmeplase »

Hi,

So basicly I noticed my requester chest for speed module factories had gears and iron plates so I changed it to advanced circuit. The moment the drone begin to put them in the chest the game crashes. I have tried to wait, redeploy thechest and the bug still occurs.

I have uploaded a file a my savegame so that it might be easier for you to check on what might be happening.

Thanks for the help and this game btw :)
Attachments
_autosave1.part2.rar
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
_autosave1.part1.rar
(2 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by fragmeplase on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.8.8] Game Crashes when advanced circuitenter requeste

Post by FrozenOne »

Uploaded and forgotten to post link to it? :?:

fragmeplase
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fragmeplase »

Edited, thought it was saved with draft settings my bad :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thank you for the report.

TL;DR;
Copy this to console to fix it:

Code: Select all

game.player.force.resetrecipes()
The problem is not in the requester but in the speed module assembling machine. You probably used some mod, that you don't use anymore and that mod changed your speed module recipe to something else. Now the mod is not used, but the changed recipe for your character stayed (this is how it works, every character can have different recipes).

The bug on our side is, that the assembling machine code was quite messy and in some places it used the recipe prototype, and on some other places the changed recipe for individual.
These problems were fixed for 0.9 while partially rewriting the code to support extended recipes (fluids in input/output of recipes, more results, probabilities of results).

It would be much redundant work to fix it for 0.8 now, so you can use the code on the top to fix it.
Once you fix it using the command, the recipe prototype will match the recipe of your character and it will not crash.

fragmeplase
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fragmeplase »

Ok thanks a lot.

Gotta say yes I tried Dytech mod but didn't really like the fact I had to change the production lines for the belts.
I also cheat with the undeground drill by deactivating it before putting down boilers so they don't need salt extractor which happened to be buggy for me.

Thanks for the answer anyway, I'll just go and fix it right away, wonderful devs for a wonderful game :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”