Bugs and problems

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs and problems

Post by McGuten »

harmar wrote:Bug?

big chest seam to be unlocked from the start of the game
images
That is fixed on next released, thanks you for report ^^

Ty94
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Red/Green Wire don't connect on Smart inserter

Post by Ty94 »

Hi,

Currently you can not connect red or green wire to the smart inserter.
It seems that the wire connection point in the prototype is missing.
When I insert the following in the prototype the wires connect.

Code: Select all

circuit_wire_connection_point =
    {
      shadow =
      {
        red = {0, 0},
        green = {0, 0}
      },
      wire =
      {
        red = {0, 0},
        green = {0, 0}
      }
    },

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Red/Green Wire don't connect on Smart inserter

Post by McGuten »

Ty94 wrote:Hi,

Currently you can not connect red or green wire to the smart inserter.
It seems that the wire connection point in the prototype is missing.
When I insert the following in the prototype the wires connect.

circuit_wire_connection_point =
    {
      shadow =
      {
        red = {0, 0},
        green = {0, 0}
      },
      wire =
      {
        red = {0, 0},
        green = {0, 0}
      }
    },
I will fix it in next release. Thanks you for report.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Is electric locomotive suppose to work with spawning coal inside its inventory? If i put small track i can pull it out of it forever ergo infinite coal supply.

I also just noticed that track laid by robots doesnt have wire connections and are not working at all :/

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

I like this mod a lot, so thanks for putting the work in!
A few of my issues with it:
- cost doesn't seem balanced for inserters: the super fast ones are cheaper than standard fast inserters! They use more energy but they should be expensive to build as well in my opinion. Maybe a red circuit each?
- splitters on your new belts don't work, they just stop flow completely.
- electric track doesn't work with FARL (probably a farl problem, I am going to try and mod it to support them).
- water track can't have junctions, or something else is wrong with it, not sure exactly but I can't lay it like I do standard track.
(also asthetic issues: Mk3 solar panel graphics are broken, and super large box looks a bit weird, but the 2x2 ones look great).

Thanks again!

/edit
I managed to get FARL working, adding the following to the top of your control.lua (FARL has support for your train mod, I guess you know, but expects this interface to exist):

remote.add_interface("dim_trains",
{
  railCreated = function(newPos)
    updateStaticProxiesNextTick(newPos)
  end
})

I found a further issue, in that the laser carriage aims but never fires.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

oLaudix wrote:Is electric locomotive suppose to work with spawning coal inside its inventory? If i put small track i can pull it out of it forever ergo infinite coal supply.

I also just noticed that track laid by robots doesnt have wire connections and are not working at all :/
Yes
billw wrote:I like this mod a lot, so thanks for putting the work in!
A few of my issues with it:
- cost doesn't seem balanced for inserters: the super fast ones are cheaper than standard fast inserters! They use more energy but they should be expensive to build as well in my opinion. Maybe a red circuit each?
- splitters on your new belts don't work, they just stop flow completely.
- electric track doesn't work with FARL (probably a farl problem, I am going to try and mod it to support them).
- water track can't have junctions, or something else is wrong with it, not sure exactly but I can't lay it like I do standard track.
(also asthetic issues: Mk3 solar panel graphics are broken, and super large box looks a bit weird, but the 2x2 ones look great).

Thanks again!

/edit
I managed to get FARL working, adding the following to the top of your control.lua (FARL has support for your train mod, I guess you know, but expects this interface to exist):

remote.add_interface("dim_trains",
{
  railCreated = function(newPos)
    updateStaticProxiesNextTick(newPos)
  end
})

I found a further issue, in that the laser carriage aims but never fires.
Thanks you for code, i will put in next release

I know all these bugs you've said, in the next patch all (or at least most) will be fix it

And i will update modules on few hours ^^

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

I updated to your latest builds and I get "unknown ingredient type 13" trying to load my SP save.
Attachments
spsave2.zip
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 240 times

harmar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harmar »

also getting Unknown ingredient type 63

Other Mods Installed

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

someone of you has belt blocker in map?

harmar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harmar »

i do not have blockers on map

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

I don't understand, I can't load map crash factorio :/ (it makes me think that there isn't an error of 5Dim)

I think the map is corrupted, I don't know why it is corrupted but I cant load it

You start map on 0.12, 0.11 or 0.12.1?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is an issue currently with loading of save file that had entity id's changed I think. So removing/updating mod might make your map not load in 0.12.1

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

McGuten wrote:I don't understand, I can't load map crash factorio :/ (it makes me think that there isn't an error of 5Dim)

I think the map is corrupted, I don't know why it is corrupted but I cant load it

If you are talking about my save it has other mods, you can see the list when you select the save.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

orzelek wrote:There is an issue currently with loading of save file that had entity id's changed I think. So removing/updating mod might make your map not load in 0.12.1
I never change Entities, and i have saves from 0.11 and work fine and dont have bugs... I think is a version problem (0.12.1)
billw wrote:
McGuten wrote:I don't understand, I can't load map crash factorio :/ (it makes me think that there isn't an error of 5Dim)

If you are talking about my save it has other mods, you can see the list when you select the save.
I try to load your save without mods and can load it for it i think it is a problem from factorio

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

The gun carriage doesn't want to draw ammo from the train's cargo wagons. This makes them pretty useless because the guns ALSO lose (destroy/gone without a trace) any ammo you put in them when they pack into the wagon for movement.

Since I wanted a mobile gun turret, that's pretty inconvenient, and at the moment they're no better than me just plopping down a couple of turrets and loading/unloading them by hand from the car of the train. Any idea what's up? If it helps, the gun turrets themselves look okay (like the new 0.12 guns) but report as: 'Unknown key:"entity-name.gun-turret-mounted"' in the UI, presumably they have no name referenced in a locale file?

Ideally they'd draw from the train's shared inventory of cargo space for ammo, and automatically just use it.

If that's not possible, if they just remembered how much ammo you'd loaded into them, that would be okay too.

(Edit: Is it because the gun wagon has no inventory, perhaps?)

(Edit2: Giving the gun wagons a 3 space inventory did not even slightly solve the problem - the ammo is not synced there either. Not sure what's going on, but maybe if instead of syncing the inventory of the gun carriage, there was a different function that searched all the cargo wagons like FARL does for rails? (And then a similar one to put the ammo back just before packing the turret, of course))

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Darloth wrote:The gun carriage doesn't want to draw ammo from the train's cargo wagons. This makes them pretty useless because the guns ALSO lose (destroy/gone without a trace) any ammo you put in them when they pack into the wagon for movement.

Since I wanted a mobile gun turret, that's pretty inconvenient, and at the moment they're no better than me just plopping down a couple of turrets and loading/unloading them by hand from the car of the train. Any idea what's up? If it helps, the gun turrets themselves look okay (like the new 0.12 guns) but report as: 'Unknown key:"entity-name.gun-turret-mounted"' in the UI, presumably they have no name referenced in a locale file?

Ideally they'd draw from the train's shared inventory of cargo space for ammo, and automatically just use it.

If that's not possible, if they just remembered how much ammo you'd loaded into them, that would be okay too.

(Edit: Is it because the gun wagon has no inventory, perhaps?)

(Edit2: Giving the gun wagons a 3 space inventory did not even slightly solve the problem - the ammo is not synced there either. Not sure what's going on, but maybe if instead of syncing the inventory of the gun carriage, there was a different function that searched all the cargo wagons like FARL does for rails? (And then a similar one to put the ammo back just before packing the turret, of course))
It is fix in next release, but i think gun turret cant shotting on movement

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

harmar wrote:also getting Unknown ingredient type 63

Other Mods Installed
billw wrote:I updated to your latest builds and I get "unknown ingredient type 13" trying to load my SP save.
Here is the bug, resolved on next release (friday, i think) https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 118#p95118

toaran
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toaran »

Hi

I think in the transport mod is a file missing...
I get this errorImage when i start the game. I checked the zip file and could not find the item groups file...

edit1
and the resources mod

edit2
and more

Is there a new core version iam not aware of?

T

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

download Core 0.0.4 and fix it

Im sorry i dont upload core yesterday, sorry

toaran
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter