The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by Xecutor »

Hydra is known for an ability to grow two new heads instead of cut one.
In your case each solved problem creates two new ones :)

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

What? You recorded an episode (depending on the 21? 20?) and want to wait till Fish posts an episode depending on ...? Also 21? 20? Or your not published 22?
The order is broken for now, but don't make a big chaos of it. Fish has to do 24 and then 26 again and everything will be fine again.
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

JoshLittle wrote:You should really NOT fill in for Fish. Luckily there was no prank from -root this time, but if or better when there will be, I think even Fish will have some trouble to get out. If you fill in, you only will ruin your own episode and the amusement for the viewers ;)
Please don't give him a hard time, he did a good job of filling in for me at short notice, considering it wasn't his day and he had other things he needed to do. If he didn't make the video then there would have been no video yesterday as no-one else was able to do it in time. Also, I'm completely confident in his abilities and I'm sure he would've been able to get himself out of any prank -root left.
JoshLittle wrote:What? You recorded an episode (depending on the 21? 20?) and want to wait till Fish posts an episode depending on ...? Also 21? 20? Or your not published 22?
The order is broken for now, but don't make a big chaos of it. Fish has to do 24 and then 26 again and everything will be fine again.
No need to overcomplicate it, my video comes out in a few hours time, followed by Xterminator then -root and then back to me. After that the order goes back to normal.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

So you do 22 and Xecutor 23? Ok then you have some kind of order back.

I thought you would grab the chance to prank -root in 24 to his 25 ;)

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

I think this will work as a fixed ratio input for the two robot productions.

L1 (local circuit 1) is tied to a smart chest in a toggle switch setup
L2 is tied to the smart chest in front of the logistic bot assembler (LOGBOT)
L3 is tied to the smart chest in front of the construction bot assembler (CONBOT)
L4 is tied to both of the previous smart chests with the other color wire

On the LOGBOT side, the first inserter will operate until the LOGBOT chest has 3 robot bodies in it.
On the CONBOT side, the first inserter will operate until the CONBOT chest has 1 body in it.
Once their are 4 robot bodies in the combined chests, the toggle switch will engage (I usually use wood or standard ammo) stopping the first inserters from operating and starting the second set of inserters which load the bodies into the assemblers.
Once both BOT chests have been emptied, the toggle switch disengages and the system starts over.
Last edited by DerivePi on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Here you go guys, my video is up.

Gawd, Why Have I Done This?! - Factorio - The Hydra Dilemma #22

Next video will be on Xterminator's channel.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Xterminator wrote:Anyway, let me just say, that whoever set up that crazy system with wires and wood in smart chests for the robots needs to be hit in the head with a board.
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Oh, and its my turn tonight :D

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Oh god... Help me! I think next time someone sets something crazy like that up,, I will just ignore it and build my own version somewhere else. :D nothing like having a spare right? :lol:
Image Image Image

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

FishSandwich wrote:Here you go guys, my video is up.
Good to see you inserting the iron from the buttom. With some remaining corners to get fast, it could get a full belt someday. Your sixth inserter does it on the side you didn't intent to, but it doesn't matter.
I think the four refinery are good and enough. The greater issue will be to find enoug crude oil for them.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

@Episode 23:
You really wasted more time rambling about it than to discover what it means. So when you first didn't know if you are allowed to change something, why didn't you just put in an additional (fast) inserter and an outserter? That would be about 1 min or so ;)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Episode 23 is up!
http://youtu.be/6co3GJiKmKg

Yet again I'm left with a mess that I can't figure out. :P
Image Image Image

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

It's fun to watch how you are destroying root's robot factory :)

And tip for Xterminator:
Disabling factories with inserter rotation is the worst thing you can do. Nobody will notice that until you completely run out of that product. And in this case it still take some time to discover where the problem is.
I think removing electrical pole is better idea, it is much more noticeable for other players.
Last edited by Martc on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Will you stop giving the game away! Where's the fun if someone's set-up isn't subtly damaged and no-one notices for six games? That is half the fun of this series...us as the viewers knowing the changes, and them as the players having to figure it out!

I think the viewers and commentators need to stop spoiling the fun!

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

Martc wrote:It's fun to watch how you are destroying root's robot factory :)
You can't destroy what doesn't work properly :D
Martc wrote: And tip for Xterminator:
Disabling factories with inserter rotation is the worst thing you can do. Nobody will notice that until you completely run out of that product. And in this case it still take some time to discover where the problem is.
I think removing electrical pole is better idea, it is much more noticeable for other players.
Not really. It is easy to overlook, but you can spot in also by noticing that there is no action. Not on inputs and not on outputs. Even the animation of the assamblers is different. But if you rip down poles everything blinks like hell, the next player thinks that this has to be fixed instead of thinking that it could have a reason. And the logic cables would also be destroyed. So it's ok to rotate the inserters.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

I thought it wasn't spoiler, because I don't said where. But I put it to spoiler tag if you think that it is.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sign here, please

Post by _aD »

Dear viewers,

I [INSERT HYDRA PLAYER NAME], player of the Hydra Dilemma, hereby do solemnly swear that I will not look at any spoiler-marked content on this thread, or any other Hydra-related thread, so that such knowledge does not spoil the hilarity generated when things get messed up. I shall uphold this promise even after I have played my turn and I shall be bound until such times that the game has been horribly lost...I mean, completed.

Signed [INSERT HYDRA PLAYER NAME] on this day [INSERT DATE].

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

Who said that they never ever see what anyone else did? After the own round is recorded they all watch what happened till the last episode before them. And then there is lack of knowledge again for the next 4 episodes.

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bonob »

JoshLittle wrote:Who said that they never ever see what anyone else did? After the own round is recorded they all watch what happened till the last episode before them. And then there is lack of knowledge again for the next 4 episodes.
The oath that _aD proposes would make sense as a new rule though. Until the end of the game, because if no hydra head ever notices that
the inserter was turned off and this damn boiler line isn't even connected to the water at the bottom
and the head who did it / planned it forget about it, then there's no reason to remind them here..

Blackence
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blackence »

JoshLittle wrote:
Martc wrote: And tip for Xterminator:
Not really. It is easy to overlook, but you can spot in also by noticing that there is no action. Not on inputs and not on outputs. Even the animation of the assamblers is different. But if you rip down poles everything blinks like hell, the next player thinks that this has to be fixed instead of thinking that it could have a reason. And the logic cables would also be destroyed. So it's ok to rotate the inserters.
Still, the best way to "disable" production is making the output buffer overflow so production resumes automatically once the buffer is no longer full. I.e. just set a limit on that darn battery chest containing (not literally) thousands of batteries. And possibly the sulfur chest as well… However, since this is the hydra dilemma, I agree: the best way to handle this situation is to do something that nobody will ever notice unless they watch that episode. :-)

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Episode 24

Due to hardware malfunction, the episode is 8 minutes short of what it should be. really sorry about this. The footage is unretrievable, I delete my originals once they are online.

You'll all get a huge surprise when you tune into FishSandwich's episode though. Welcome to the Hydra Dilemma, where even the viewers don't know what the heck is going on!

Return to “Videos”