Slow upload speed causes problems?

Things that has been reported already before.
code99
Inserter
Inserter

Slow upload speed causes problems?

Post by code99 »

Hey,

Long story short.
Me and a friend were playing a multiplayer game (i was hosting) and everything worked fine at first. Now, I have a stable internet connection but its rather slow when uploading something.

This causes a problem which is something i think can be fixed. When we try and resume our game (with me hosting), the game tries to upload the map to my friend but because its slow upload (about 60Kb/s) it takes a minute or 2 ... or it would take that long if the game would allow it.
After a while, during the upload the game tells me that my friend is not responding (same goes for him, it tells him i'm not responding) and it tries to reconnect to him (a progress bar shows up). When the bar fills up, the game is restarted because he was not reponding while in truth he was downloading the map files.

Is there a way to extend this timeout duration? I mean, tell the game to delay its automatic restart if a player is not responding giving us the time we need to complete the map transfer.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Slow upload speed causes problems?

Post by FalcoGer »

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This has been issue in 0.11.x as well and obviously we haven't fixed it properly. So it is back on the list. However this topic is a duplicate as indicated above so moving it into the Duplicates folder.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Right, wasnt aware another topic about this existed, i did a short search but couldnt find anything.

Glad you guys are working on it, good luck!

Tr1cKy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tr1cKy »

This is actually quite an old problem - hopefully the 0.12.2 update has either fixed it or at least helped alleviate it.

Another previous thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=9426
And lo He said: "Bring unto Me the
Book of Blueprints
!"

Return to “Duplicates”