[Solved] Possible conflict Bob's Warfare and Treefarm AC

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

thebarbarian09
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Solved] Possible conflict Bob's Warfare and Treefarm AC

Post by thebarbarian09 »

Was toying around with different mod combinations and noticed a possible conflict here. The game loads up just fine with just one or the other, but if they are both loaded in, I get this message:

Code: Select all

15.144 Error Util.cpp:45: __bobwarfare__/data.lua:34: __bobwarfare__/prototypes/entity/turrets.lua:45: attempt to call global 'gun_turret_extension' (a table value)
Again the mods in question are:
bobwarfare_0.12.1
Treefarm-AC_0.2.0

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know to help isolate this problem, I'm really looking forward using both of these in the near future.
Last edited by thebarbarian09 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Possible conflict between Bob's Warfare and Treefarm AC

Post by bobingabout »

This is Treefarm's fault. it changes one of the base game functions that my mod relies on, and because it loads first, it breaks my mod.

It really should be treefarm that fixes this issue, since they're redefining a base game function (When they could clone it instead) without considering that other mods may be using it.

I will ask if they can fix it first, but if nothing comes of that, I'll redefine a version for my mod.
Tristitan wrote:okay just had a friend who is a programmer look at it and we have got it working with this temporary workaround

in the info.json file of the treefarm ac, replace the dependencies line with

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.12.0","Treefarm-Lite >= 0.2.0", "? bobwarfare"],

and it will work, not sure if the turrets will though so be carefull
This will fix it for now.
It will work, because of the whole load order thing, mine will get defined first with the original function before treefarm edits it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

thebarbarian09
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Possible conflict between Bob's Warfare and Treefarm AC

Post by thebarbarian09 »

I think that might have done the trick, thanks for the quick reply and I'll probably keep this topic up for anyone else who might have this problem as well until it's resolved in the next versions or so.

Return to “Bob's mods”