Yay, I finished the game......

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gregorovitch
Inserter
Inserter

Yay, I finished the game......

Post by Gregorovitch »

... in 65.5 hours, lol, so I suppose that's a pretty poor effort really but my excuse is I had never got as far as using trains to get mass resources, using logistics and construction robots or figuring out how to scale everything up to make all the blue processing units and red circuits etc for the L3 modules before so it took quite a while to figure it it out. That and the offensive stuff: the end screen tells me I accounted for 10k small biters, 7.5k each medium and large biters, 800 assorted worms and 600 biter spawners.

I have to say the end was completely underwhelming: i had prepared for all hell to break loose but absolutely nothing happened during the 10 min countdown apart from a few routine biter attacks easily handled by the base outer defenses. Perhaps this was because I had laid waste to any biter within miles of my base using those wonderful destroyer capsules together with distractors and poison capsules for the worms, dunno. No matter, in this game it's the getting there that counts.

I'm looking forward to having another go, knowing what i now know how to do and a reasonable idea of the overall scale of the endeavor.

This is a top game, very elegant and challenging. And fun. I hope it gets the all success it deserves because for sure I'll be wanting to see plenty more of this sort of stuff in the future.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yay, I finished the game......

Post by Gandalf »

Gregorovitch wrote:... I suppose that's a pretty poor effort really but my excuse is ...
Absolutely not and there is never any need to excuse the time you take enjoying a game. Unless you are actually trying to beat the game as quickly as possible in a speed run there is not point in hurrying past all the stuff you can do. Prime example are the trains you already mentioned. I have a feeling most people (also including myself) don't really try using trains the first time around because you can actually do quite easily without them and you really need some external incentive to try and get into setting up a proper rail network.
Gregorovitch wrote:I have to say the end was completely underwhelming: i had prepared for all hell to break loose but absolutely nothing happened during the 10 min countdown
I'm fairly recent to the game, but from what I have read there used to be massive waves of biters coming in during the countdown. The developers are apparently planning to introduce a proper end game fairly soon.
Gregorovitch wrote:This is a top game, very elegant and challenging. And fun. I hope it gets the all success it deserves because for sure I'll be wanting to see plenty more of this sort of stuff in the future.
Couldn't agree more.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yay, I finished the game......

Post by Koub »

Gregorovitch wrote:... in 65.5 hours, lol, so I suppose that's a pretty poor effort
If you tried a speedrun, that would indeed be perfectible :mrgreen:. My first game lasted around 75h, and I didn't even dare give a try to trains and rails, which seemed too complicated to me. I didn't build the rocket launcher either (even if I haf the infrastrucure to), because the fun was not in the "you won" screen for me ^^. So you did perform honestly compared to me.
Gregorovitch wrote:I have to say the end was completely underwhelming: i had prepared for all hell to break loose but absolutely nothing happened during the 10 min countdown apart from a few routine biter attacks easily handled by the base outer defenses.
Rocket defense only attracts surrounding biters. If there are no surrounding biters, there is no attack. This happens when you have a very big (in terms of area) factory, and / or cleaned biter nests far away around, which seemed to be the case for you.
Gregorovitch wrote:This is a top game, very elegant and challenging. And fun. I hope it gets the all success it deserves because for sure I'll be wanting to see plenty more of this sort of stuff in the future.
+1 indeed 8-).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”