Factorio 0.11 24 or 31 October

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Factorio 0.11 24 or 31 October

Post by Lee_newsum »

slpwnd wrote:Factorio 0.11 (expected during october)
  • Multiplayer for the brave ones (very raw and very buggy).
  • New player graphics (3 versions depending on armor and colored depending on the player color)
  • The first (simple) instance of a tank
  • Gates
  • Optimization of the game simulation (mainly transport belts and inserters)
What time do think it will be out?
me think 31 October

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio 0.11 24 or 31 October

Post by DerivePi »

As long as its not April 1st, I'm good.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

If it really took that long to get all the MP code bugfixed and optimized so that no one feels they're fighting the game as well as the biters... I think I could be alright with sticking with 10.12 for another several months.
Still so many mods I haven't even touched.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

the Friday Facts #56 - A lot of stuff( https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-56 ) It is scheduled to 31. october :D

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

I'll say November 15th because pessimism is good for the heart. :P

But being a little more serious I'm, with the "we have all of eternity" crowd. The update will get here when it gets here and there's so much else to do in the meantime.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

They should just go for the KSP method of Soon(tm) so they don't have to go through the stress of having a deadline date to meet and expectant fans. Personally I'm surprised it's coming out so soon, I was expecting more like mid November.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mangledpork wrote:They should just go for the KSP method of Soon(tm) so they don't have to go through the stress of having a deadline date to meet and expectant fans. Personally I'm surprised it's coming out so soon, I was expecting more like mid November.
But it is important for us to have deadlines. So we can focus on finishing the stuff.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It's interesting to follow the releases.

Yesterday I merged the changelogs into the version-history in the wiki (https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... on_History) and when I look at the scrollbar on the right, I can see the following:

Version 0.10 tooks about 1/4 space (=lines) for all releases. And it tooks from Jun 06 to Sept. 16 (= 3 month, 1 week) to finish.
v0.9 tooks about 1/5 and goes from February 14 to April 11 (=3 month).
Now guess: 0.8 tooks about 1/6 (Dez. 06 to January 09, 2 month) and all previous version about 1/7 and around 6 weeks.

Now when I would have to guess, how much space the 0.11 version will take: 1/3. And when will it be stable? About end of February. :)
:twisted:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ssilk wrote:It's interesting to follow the releases.

Yesterday I merged the changelogs into the version-history in the wiki (https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... on_History) and when I look at the scrollbar on the right, I can see the following:

Version 0.10 tooks about 1/4 space (=lines) for all releases. And it tooks from Jun 06 to Sept. 16 (= 3 month, 1 week) to finish.
Now guess: 0.8 tooks about 1/6 (Dez. 06 to January 09, 2 month) and all previous version about 1/7 and around 6 weeks.

Now when I would have to guess, how much space the 0.11 version will take: 1/3. And when will it be stable? About end of February. :)
I hope the prediction is wrong :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

kovarex wrote:
ssilk wrote:It's interesting to follow the releases.

I hope the prediction is wrong :)
The prediction is most probably right :)

Return to “General discussion”