Win an alienware!

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Win an alienware!

Post by jorgenRe »

Jagex are during this time running a competition where you can join and if you are lucky win an alienware. To enter is free, and the way to get more chances are by spreading the word about the competition to as many as possible. If you want to join just click this (Removed link because of an indirect request by SSilk ;) )and follow the steps there.

Edit:
Okay so this competition is run by jagex and can be found on runescape's facebook site, jagex are the owners/creators of runescape. So how it works is that when you enter the competition you get 1 entry(chance to win), but for each time someone enters the competition from your link(you get this link when you join the competition) you get an additional 2 entrys(chances to win).
I can understand ssilk may find this as a way of advertising and i guess it might be that too. Runescape have lost alot of players, but more are getting back. So i guess this is more or less like a cheap advertise for runescape. But oh well who cares about that if you can win an alienware pc :D
So if you found my link suspicious because you thought i had some evil reason to put it here :twisted:
Then you could just as well just go on facebook and search "runescape" then scroll a little bit down and you will see the competition.

I am sorry if you thought i wanted to spread a virus or something :cry:

The pc:
Alienware 14 Base Gaming Laptop, consisting of:
Components: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 1 14.0 inch (355.6 mm) WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare Display, 1 Alienware 14 Silver Anodized Aluminum, 1 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz, 1 1TB/5400 RPM + 80G caching mSATA, 1 Optical Drive : Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVD/RW, CD-RW), 1 Power Cord (UK), 1 Power Supply :, Alienware 150W AC Adapter, 1 Battery : Primary 6-cell 69W/HR, 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5, 1 Broadcom 4352 802.11 ac 2x2 and Bluetooth 4.0, 1 5G WiFi Broadcom 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 driver, 1 Internal US/International (Qwerty) Keyboard, 1 Resource DVD windows 8.1, 1 Shipping Material
Software: 1 BluRay Cyberlink Software for Windows 8 without media, 1 Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English, 1 Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English Resource DVD, 1 Microsoft Office 2013 Software Image (Multi-Language)
Service: 1 Standard Service - 1 year of Next Business Day coverage included with your PC, 1 No Warranty Upgrade, 1 No Accidental Damage Protection.
Last edited by jorgenRe on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Win an alienware!

Post by ssilk »

Moderator speaking:
I don't like this kind of "off-topic". In my eyes it is just advertising - even, if the poster had the best promises. But I currently don't know how to deal with it yet and in future. Some ideas?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zordah
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zordah »

Well I for one am NOT clicking a link supposedly about a competition run by Jagex but the link is woobox.com? Who knows that is waiting on the other end of that link....

Did a search on Jagex and found http://www.jagex.com/ but no mention of a competition.
Most of these competitions (if the link is real) are normally "must be a resident of the USA to enter" so I don't normally look at them anyway...

robhol
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robhol »

Looks suspiciously like a ref-link, which is a link the poster is incentivized for spreading. It's a disgusting, noisy practice.
窮屈そうに身を屈めても今じゃ誰もがそうしてる 天井の無いECHO ROOMに誰かが僕を放り込む
君のSPEEDでもって 同じPHRASEを弾いて 冷たい時に寄り添って

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

ssilk wrote:Moderator speaking:
I don't like this kind of "off-topic". In my eyes it is just advertising - even, if the poster had the best promises. But I currently don't know how to deal with it yet and in future. Some ideas?
I am sorry ssilk if you thought i was evil :cry:
I have removed my link and instead told ppl how to find the competition through runescape's (made by jagex) facebook page. Atleast i hope you arent going to be mad at mee from now on :?
Logo

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Zordah wrote:Well I for one am NOT clicking a link supposedly about a competition run by Jagex but the link is woobox.com? Who knows that is waiting on the other end of that link....

Did a search on Jagex and found http://www.jagex.com/ but no mention of a competition.
Most of these competitions (if the link is real) are normally "must be a resident of the USA to enter" so I don't normally look at them anyway...
yea i should probably have said jagex was doing the competition through one of their game's facebook page. Also it is for everyone :D
Logo

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

No no, read carefully. Nobody is mad at you.

As moderator (and this kind of moderation is new for me) I need some rules how to handle those things. I should have posted that in an own thread to avoid bringing that together with your person. But I'm also new in this kind of business.

Nobody can avoid all mistakes, before he has done them. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

ssilk wrote:Nobody can avoid all mistakes, before he has done them. :)
True ;)
Logo

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

Did you post a link on a forum that increases your chance of winning?

If so, that is kind of sleazy. (Sorry, no offense, just think that is quite crude) You might as well post your outwar link or some other game that lets you get bonuses to your character for getting others to sign up.

Sorry if I misunderstand what your link does (did), if it just gives us all a chance to win equally then of course thats a pretty cool thing to do by letting us all know without any upside for you.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

therapist wrote:Did you post a link on a forum that increases your chance of winning?
basically yes, but thats the reason for the competition to spread the word about the game Runescape, and so they reward you with 2 extra chances to win. (cheap marketing for the game basically)
therapist wrote:If so, that is kind of sleazy. (Sorry, no offense, just think that is quite crude) You might as well post your outwar link or some other game that lets you get bonuses to your character for getting others to sign up.
Well i wouldn't really agree with you that it's cruel. because as stated it is the meaning of the competition and so when you had entered you could have choosen to post the link you got on lets say another forum.

Atleast i told how to find the main site for the competition, and chose to remove my link so good look if you entered to win ;)
Logo

Return to “Off topic”