[MOD 0.11.X] AlphaMod - Advanced Fluid Handling

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.11.X] AlphaMod - Advanced Fluid Handling

Post by Kexík »

I am currently doing liquid handling part of my mod, so if you have any suggestions what else could be cool to do, feel free to ask for it :]

Github with source https://github.com/Kioshi/Factorio-Alphamod
Download https://github.com/Kioshi/Factorio-Alph ... master.zip

Current Version: 0.1.2

Compatible with: 0.11.8 (mod is under development on newest experimental builds, started on 0.11.4)

Features:
  • New pipes that doesnt change shape according to adjacent piping
  • New I-type pipe that have fixed input and output
  • Added posibility to "fast-replace" storage tanks without loosing content
  • New Output Storage Tank, that let you pump out liquid and remove him
  • New Smart Storage Tank, that measuring Amount Tempereture and Percent of fill of him self and directly connected tanks and let u use it for logic circuit
  • Added Smart Pump, that pumping only when conditions and filter (if any) are fulfilled
  • Added Open Pipe, liquid disposal that generate 2 pollution per liter when liquid isnt water
  • Added Open Pito into Water, liquid disposal that generate 1 pollution per liter when liquid isnt water
  • Added Electric Boiler that will not allow perpetum mobile or slow down liquid
  • Added Liquid Splitter. For open GUI and change values hold mouse over Liquid Splitter for 1.5 sec
  • In 0.0.8 mod was optimalized and should not cause any major fps drops
  • Added generating fixed pipes (I,L,T), from other mod pipe prototypes
  • Balanced recipes with requirement of Advanced Fluid Handling technology
  • Added Trash Bin for player when open his gui (E)
  • Added Drone that allow player explore surroundings
New entities:
  • L pipe
  • T pipe
  • I pipe
  • I/O pipe
  • Output Storage Tank
  • Smart Storage Tank
  • Smart Pump
  • Open pipe
  • Open pipe into water
  • Electric Boiler
  • Liquid Splitter
Coming soon:
  • Better picture / introduce for mod

Feel free to add into any modpack or use any code for your mod if you add reference back here and PM here on forum that you did. :] But be aware that mod isn't balanced yet (technology and research requirements will be solved last)

EDIT 14/12/14: released version v0.0.2 with I/O pipe
EDIT 19/12/14: released version v0.0.3 with Storage Tanks
EDIT 20/12/14: released version v0.0.4 with Smart Pump
EDIT 21/12/14: released version v0.0.5 with Liquid disposals
EDIT 21/12/14: released version v0.0.6 with Electric Boiler
EDIT 23/12/14: released version v0.0.7 with Liquid Splitter
EDIT 24/12/14: released version v0.0.8 with Optimalizations, mod should no longer cause any major FPS drops
EDIT 27/12/14: released version v0.0.9 with rework of Liquid Splitters gui
EDIT 28/12/14: released version v0.0.10 with rework of Electric Boiler
EDIT 30/12/14: released version v0.1.0 with balance of recipies, technology and generating fixed pipes from other mods pipe prototypes
EDIT 31/12/14: released version v0.1.1 with Trash Bin for player
EDIT 02/01/15: released version v0.1.2 with Drone and temporary disable generating fixed pipes from other mods
Last edited by Kexík on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 31 times in total.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] AlphaMod

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Cool Mod :mrgreen:
It was a Wish mod for me :)

Maybe you can do it like this Click

And maybe you can do a Mod Like this , if its Possible for you Click or Click if its not to hard , sorry but i dont know much about Modding in Factorio

But Awesome Mod , great :mrgreen:
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

This mod looks cool :)

Nice work men ;)
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Not that I want to discourage you, it's always good to learn, just know that most missing wire stuff in vanilla is more or less covered by my smart circuit systems mod. You're completely welcome to view (or steal) some of the code there, it has some nice and nasty workarounds (especially back in 0.10.x).

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

AlphaRaptor wrote:Cool Mod :mrgreen:
It was a Wish mod for me :)

Maybe you can do it like this Click

And maybe you can do a Mod Like this , if its Possible for you Click or Click if its not to hard , sorry but i dont know much about Modding in Factorio

But Awesome Mod , great :mrgreen:

I will look what can i do with input-output pipe.I am planning to experiment with inserters later after i will have more exp (mainly because there is lot of stuff i wanna try if is possible to do with them like blanced grabbing and some better logic)
Last edited by Kexík on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Thanks
Kikkers wrote:Not that I want to discourage you, it's always good to learn, just know that most missing wire stuff in vanilla is more or less covered by my smart circuit systems mod. You're completely welcome to view (or steal) some of the code there, it has some nice and nasty workarounds (especially back in 0.10.x).
Yeah your mod is awesome, but i would like smart-storage-tank to be all-in-one (like you have with smart-condesator) and (i dont know if your condensator and storage-tank have this option) be able get data from connected storage-tanks and condensator. And thanks to your mod i actually have idea how to do it :D

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Updated to new version, where is added I/O pipe

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.6] AlphaMod

Post by Kexík »

Added new version with Output and Smart Storage tank. Also include fast replace feature for storage tanks

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Why would anyone need electric boiler?

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

I wanna electric boiler :D

Examples of use
  • Clean Energy - with solar panels power I will heat and store water, that i will use as source for steam engines backup
  • If you will ever need to heat liquid for processing, burner boiler isn't best solution

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Updated to version 0.0.4 with Smart Pump

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] AlphaMod

Post by G_glop »

Great now i don't need several km^2 to handle liquids in my modpack! :)

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Can you make this mod Compatible with DyTech Transportations , DyTech adds different Pipes in different color's and they can hold more then 10 Liquid Units.
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

I dont use DyTech so maybe i got you wrong, but you wanna for me to add DyTech pipes type, that will not change shape acording to others?

If i got it right, i have to say no, because I dont know licence stuff about DyTech. And this would be just copy paste of my pipe prototypes with change of fluid_box.base_area (that the easy part) and change graphics for that pipes (the hard part i dont like to do)

So i would rather improve my mod.
But if you wanna i can tell you how to do it.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] AlphaMod

Post by Kexík »

Released two new versions with liquid disposal and electric boiler

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

How does the smart tank work, only thing i see in the configurantion screen for isnerters/pupms is some meta items that don't change with the tank/liquid stored in it.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

G_glop wrote:How does the smart tank work, only thing i see in the configurantion screen for isnerters/pupms is some meta items that don't change with the tank/liquid stored in it.
Smart tank have "smart-container" part that is wire connectable and has inside meta-items for Ammount of liquid in liters, percent of fill, temperature and type of liquid viz picture

Smart pump has same logic options as smart inserter, except that he has only one filer for fluid (meta-item, that doesnt have to be filled for working) Viz pictures
For example i just make composition that smart pump will be pumping liquid to my liquid disposal if smart-tanks is filled more than 90% (this case will not work good because offshore-pump have speed 1 and smart pump have speed 0.5, so liquid in smart tank will stay on about 95percent)

In this picture there are shown metaitems - first three for amount, temperature and percent, rest for liquids (basic with english localization, rest generated from other mods without localisation)

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

AlphaRaptor wrote:Can you make this mod Compatible with DyTech Transportations , DyTech adds different Pipes in different color's and they can hold more then 10 Liquid Units.
I just realized, that if you wanted that what i said in previous reply to this, i could make it possible if i will do Plumber Tool for composition fixed pipes, witch is cool but i dont really wanna do that :D. So if i will make Plumber Tool i will try add support to DyTech Transportation thru it.

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

Kexík wrote:
G_glop wrote:How does the smart tank work, only thing i see in the configurantion screen for isnerters/pupms is some meta items that don't change with the tank/liquid stored in it.
Smart tank have "smart-container" part that is wire connectable and has inside meta-items for Ammount of liquid in liters, percent of fill, temperature and type of liquid viz picture
Smart pump has same logic options as smart inserter, except that he has only one filer for fluid (meta-item, that doesnt have to be filled for working) Viz pictures
For example i just make composition that smart pump will be pumping liquid to my liquid disposal if smart-tanks is filled more than 90% (this case will not work good because offshore-pump have speed 1 and smart pump have speed 0.5, so liquid in smart tank will stay on about 95percent)
In this picture there are shown metaitems - first three for amount, temperature and percent, rest for liquids (basic with english localization, rest generated from other mods without localisation)
Thanks, i didn't see them because of this
and this.
Another image
:roll:

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

ou yeah, i will create special category for my mod and move genereted luquid items to bottom to let it be more visible

Return to “Mods”