[raiguard][1.1.107][Linux] Opening internet links fail silently on Arch Linux (KDE Wayland)

thebrick448
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[raiguard][1.1.107][Linux] Opening internet links fail silently on Arch Linux (KDE Wayland)

Post by thebrick448 »

I am running Arch Linux with KDE Plasma (Wayland) and opening links within Factorio fail silently. In my systemd log (And Factorio log) I see the following entries when clicking any link:

Code: Select all

May 06 02:37:35 harold kwin_wayland_wrapper[100864]:   85.921 Info SystemUtil.cpp:878: Started /usr/bin/xdg-open; trampoline PID: 103777
May 06 02:37:35 harold kwin_wayland_wrapper[100864]:   85.980 Info ChildProcessAgent.cpp:61: Child 103777 exited with return value 0
May 06 02:37:35 harold kwin_wayland_wrapper[103779]: kde-open: /home/russell/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libproxy/libpxbackend-1.0.so)
The expected behavior is my default web browser should open to the link that I clicked. Other similar operations, such as downloading or updating a mod, work as expected.

I have tested that this silent failure occurs with links from both the About and Mods menus. Additionally I have tested both with and without SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland and in both cases, this problem persists. I have not tested with the x11 version of KDE Plasma yet.

There is a workaround though. This problem only occurs when running Factorio through Steam (Runtime) which is provided by the steam package in arch. Running steam (Native) provided by steam-native-runtime does not have this issue.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(20.24 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

thebrick448
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [raiguard][1.1.107][Linux] Opening internet links fail silently on Arch Linux (KDE Wayland)

Post by thebrick448 »

Quick update: I did some additional testing with a few different systems, and found the following:

Running sway on the same system, opening links works just fine - Firefox will open behind Factorio if its not already running, but otherwise its bug free.

On my steam deck, with the stock Steam OS installation, I'm able to open links while in game mode; They open as expected in Steam's in game browser. Desktop mode works well too; Firefox opens as expected.

At this point, it looks to me like its a strange combination of Arch's bleeding edge packages, Steam's packaged runtime libraries, and KDE's xdg-open implementation.

Return to “Assigned”