Global stats or universe to see other players

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jackthesmack
Inserter
Inserter

Global stats or universe to see other players

Post by jackthesmack »

TL;DR
A universe map or global stat system that shows the combined player metrics for everyone playing Factorio.
What ?
This is directly inspired by Dyson Sphere Program's Cosmo system, where you can see all the players current power generation.

Other games have global stats too, like how many total deaths and kills in Helldivers 2.

Factorio could have some sort collective stat too where you could see what the community was doing, like sciences produced in the last hour, or deaths by train in the last hour. Or it could be cumulative, such as total science ever produced. Also graphs showing how it changes every hour.

I am not sure how this would be presented in the UI.
Why ?
This would add a sense of community to the game by having players collectively contribute to an aspect of Factorio, and provide humorous insights.
Attachments
helldivers-2-death-count[1].jpeg
helldivers-2-death-count[1].jpeg (118.37 KiB) Viewed 330 times
8-4-pw-from-a-single-cluster-v0-v6ehh55wpjcc1[1].png
8-4-pw-from-a-single-cluster-v0-v6ehh55wpjcc1[1].png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 330 times

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Global stats or universe to see other players

Post by Illiander42 »

Mods break it.

jackthesmack
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jackthesmack »

Illiander42 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:00 am
Mods break it.
Just like achievements, mods could disable it. Or mods could have their own seperate category

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hmm, not that I'm necessarily against this, but this has literally zero interest to me and I'd certainly hope for the option to disable/not participate if it was added. There are also many things that I'd rather see long before this because of that.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

This doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd want it to be optional and off by default.

There's also an element of creepiness in the idea of the game tracking my stats, even in an aggregated sense, but maybe that's just because I've lived in privacy-paranoid Germany too long. :D

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

jackthesmack wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 1:34 pm
Just like achievements, mods could disable it. Or mods could have their own seperate category
Most people play with mods, which is why the steam achievements stats are so borked.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”