Puzzle with beacon and electricity

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Puzzle with beacon and electricity

Post by mmmPI »

Setup :
Puzzle.png
Puzzle.png (145.38 KiB) Viewed 250 times

How to power 4 beacons ? and sometimes 6 ?
Explanations:
Energy production is enough for a groupe of 2 beacons and 1 accumulator charging, but the electricity is not well split and 0 beacon are active and 0 accumulator charge.

This seemed like a trivial use case for the power switch, and I have attempted to go this way. During the journey , thought it could make a fun puzzle to share, different than i anticipated in my imagination when attempting to apply the theory to practice with this specific number of beacon and accumulator :

When adding a power switch the electricity production is not enough for 2 groups of 2 beacons and 2 accumulator CHARGING.

Production is unchanged at 2160 kW, and consumption for 2 groups of 2 beacons and 1 accumulator is 2520 KW.

When the 2 accumulators are charged, the consumption for 2 groups goes from 2520 kW to only 1920 kW. This represent the consumption of only the 4 beacons. "fine"

But :

4 beacon + 1 accumulator charging would lead to a consumption of : 960+1260 = 2220 kW, exceeding the capacity of the solar, "not fine".

Difficult then to have a power switch that allows 2 beacon + 1 accumulator at the same time, because as soon as it open, it would close.

( Ok,it is somewhat of an imaginary problem because it's easy to organise things differently in game, but that doesn't mean there can't exist very real solutions, which i don't have any as of now :) ).

Return to “General discussion”