Autosave on Exit/Alt-F4

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Feuermurmel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Autosave on Exit/Alt-F4

Post by Feuermurmel »

When pressing Command-Q (on macOS) or Alt-F4 (on Windows), the game exits without confirmation or saving. This means that any unsaved progress is lost. Some people here on the forum and on reddit (me included) find this annoying and/or frustrating.

One suggestion I have to ease that problem is to automatically create an autosave (or normal save) whenever the game exits. I could imagine that this feature is configurable and that there's a confirmation dialog before saving (similar to how most applications on Windows ask whether to save the current document when Alt-4F is pressed).

What do you think?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Autosave on Exit/Alt-F4

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I want Alt+F4 to remain as is. Sometimes I want the ability to exit a game now without saving progress and don't want to have to resort to task manager every time I want this.

Now, if you're in window mode and click the X in the corner, I'm ok with a confirmation and/or autosave occurring.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”