[1.1.41] Power network corrupted

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Belts
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.41] Power network corrupted

Post by Belts »

During a normal play, all the devices on power network suddenly froze. According to info window shown while hovering a mouse over buildings connected to the network, they are working(I checked several radars, miners, inserters and assemblers). Although assemblers all seem to be stuck at 0% or 100%. Steam engines also show working status, but they have "Y out of 200" steam and outpit "YW / 900kW" power.
I tried building a separate steam engine setup, and it worked, but as soon as i connected even one inserter from my old setup, it new setup froze(I previously disconnected this inserter from old network)
I don't know how reproduce this issue and can't name anything specific what could've coused that. The last thing I did is placing a tier 2 assembler, setting it to produce Electric engine units connecting to the power and routing belts to it and then watched as it made 2 engines. After witch I noticed that it stoped working, along with the whole factory.
factorio-current.log
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Attachments
LastGame.zip
(7.99 MiB) Downloaded 250 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Power network corrupted

Post by boskid »

I was able to fix the save file, however without any details how can this issue be reproduced there is not much else i can do. Corruption was that once any of the electric energy buffers got a value of NaN, electric network update would compute a new value of NaN for almost everything making everything to halt, including radars not being able to rotate, inserters being stuck, mining drills not being able to mine anything (this is after i tried to clear electric energy buffers and fluid boxes). In the end i went with the simplest approach: when loading a save file, everything that is double or float and is equal to NaN, was replaced with 0. I hope this will not break anything too much.
Attachments
100159-LastGame-fixed.zip
(8.03 MiB) Downloaded 232 times

Return to “1 / 0 magic”