[StrangePan] [1.1.41] Discharge Defense does not recieve damage bonus

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rlm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[StrangePan] [1.1.41] Discharge Defense does not recieve damage bonus

Post by rlm »

The "Energy weapons damage" research says that it "Increases the damage of laser and electric beams". But the Discharge Defense only deals 100 electric damage regardless of the amount of upgrades. It certainly looks like the Discharge Defense fires an electric beam, so should the damage increase apply?

(this is my first bug report, please let me know if I've missed something)

--RLM
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.02 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

StrangePan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Discharge Defense does not recieve damage bonus

Post by StrangePan »

Looks like the damage bonus is applied to discharge defenses and lasers correctly, but the bonus amount is not included in the item description.

StrangePan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [StrangePan] [1.1.41] Discharge Defense does not recieve damage bonus

Post by StrangePan »

Actually, I think you're right. The damage multiplier is being applied, but that multiplier is 1 (aka no additional damage). Looks like the relevant research doesn't actually apply a bonus to electric-type weapons!

rlm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rlm »

Yes, my apologies, I have a save file that replicates the condition but it's quite large. It has level 7 laser / energy upgrades and a nearby isolated nest for testing. When I use the discharge on the nest (or biters) it only deals 100 damage. Should I upload the save file somewhere? Or maybe no need since you've already confirmed that the multiplier is not applied? Thanks btw for looking into this! I was hoping to try out large amounts of discharge defense but the damage is a bit underwhelming.

--RLM

StrangePan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by StrangePan »

Thanks for the report! It's true, discharge defenses weren't receiving any bonus damage from Energy Weapons Damage technology. Starting in 1.1.43, they should start receiving bonus damage from Energy Weapons Damage 6 and beyond.

(I've never used discharge defenses before working on this bug, and now I look forward to putting them all over my power armor :D )

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”